Thursday, May 29, 2014

Good restaurant in China town in Incheon -'Gonghwachun (공화춘)'


Good restaurant in China town in Incheon<Gonghwachun (공화춘)>


The origin of Jjajangmyeon


Jjajangmyeon(짜장면) is one of the most popular foods in Korea.
And it originated from Incheon when Chinese people emigrated to Incheon.
Gohwachun(공화춘) is the restaurant where the first Jjajangmyeon was invented.
You can eat Jjajamyeon everywhere in Korea. 
But eating Jjajangmyeon at Gonhwachun has a historical meaning
and you can also look around Chinese town in Korea.




This is the post that Jay translated another Korean blogger's post.
Thanks for your cooperation!!

Blog sourcehttp://blog.naver.com/mcjfeel/203650299




After new years day, I visited China town!
I've visited there a couple of times as it is close from Wolmi-do, but I've never went to Gonghwachun.
Today, I decided to visit there :D
Before I go there, I searched online, but the reviews were not good,
among them, many people wrote that they couldn't stay there about 30 min.
And some people said food was not delicious, but it was not Jjajangmyeon that they had eaten...
So, I was a little worried but anyway I decided to visit there. lol



In China town, there are so many Chinese restaurants and there is also a Jjajangmyeon Museum. +_+
I didn't get in there but just took a photo >_<

There are also many shops selling Chinese souvenir!

Though it was holiday, there were many people~ and the shops were open.

There is a shop selling Lamb skewers but My stomach was full...
There were also shops selling Dumping.


This is Gonghwachun! It was the only restaurant that people were waiting to get in~
But they said I wouldn't wait long. (So I thought this was the reason people said they didn't stay long there)



While waiting, I saw someone waiting in front of me eating something.
It was called Hwa-duc Dumping.
And when I looked at my boyfriend, he said "Are you hungry? Do you want me to go buy it?" and bought it for me. lol
It was 2000 won for each, outside was crunch and inside was like beef Dumping~
If you visit China town, why don't you try this? but I don't think you should go there for this one.



This is the menu. The price is a little bit more expensive, about 10%.
We ordered Jjajangmyeon(10,000) + Jjampong(8,000) + Roasted Dumping(7,000) = 25,000 won




Roasted Dumping was served first >_< it was good!
While we were eating this, the staffs were taking the dishes customers had eaten all.
And some people were complaining about it. Because it was make the customer eating food Uncomfortable.
But I thought that the staffs were just doing there jobs. There were so many people waiting outside. They had to rush so that we didn't wait for long outside!





At last!! Jjajnagmyeon arrived!! It was really great. :D
It had plenty of ingredients and looked so fresh!! Maybe we should have ordered 2.
It was a little bit different from one from other Chinese restaurants.
I could taste bean more and above all, ingredients were so rich.
It was the best Jjajangmyeon I've eaten in China town!!



This is Jjampong~ It didn't have Sea mussel. But the ingredients were also rich.
But this one was not that special.
But when you go to the Chinese restaurant, only ordering Jjajangmyeon makes you think it's not enough since you also need a kind of soup. lol
We didn't order sour pork since it was too much.
But the 3 foods we ordered were good enough!
If you live in Seoul, I recommend you to visit
from Eulwangri to Songdo to China town and to Wolmi-do for 2 days!
I think if you visit Incheon, visiting China town is not a bad idea!









How to get there


By subway: Seoul metro Line 1 <Incheon station>

Address인천 중구 북성동3가 5-6






Jay's Tips!!

"You should try Jjajangmyeon in Korea!!"


Rating: ★★★


Tip 1. Jjajangmyeon is one of the most popular food in Korea

Tip 2. You can eat Jjajangmyeon everywhere in Korea.

Tip 3. Jjajangmyeon in China town is a little expensive.

Tip 4. Jjajangmyeon was invented by Chinese who emigrated to Korea.
So you can't eat it only in Korea. (Not in China)

Tip 5. You can eat Jjajangmyeon everywhere in Korea by delivering service.




<the old photo of Gonghwachun>



<How to make Jjajangmyeon in English>






Fun Incheon Fun Korea Facebook Page


Motel booking service for foreigners Motel in Korea






*If you have any question, feel free to leave comments below~






No comments:

Post a Comment